Scrapbook Layout- Budgie

My usual starting point for a layout is the pictures. Sometimes, it is the paper. This time, I chose to start with a pile left over from the other projects I had been working on recently.  I've been seeing a lot of layouts using stacked banners, and I thought that I might try that, but didn't want to work from a sketch, so I just played. 

I read an article this week that said over planning kills creativity. It specifically mentioned how creating long lists of items to blog or create kills spontaneity that can bring amazing work by allowing inspiration to lead you. I decided to just let the ideas floating around take shape and see what happened.
My Process:
I started by cutting the banner pieces, and arranging on the page.  I added the black to anchor the circle, and the bottom banner to balance the circle. Then, I decided on my photo, and because it was black and white, I decided to matte it with a pink paper.  I decided the title needed to be black to balance the circle. When it came time to journal, I decided to use the black circle, and mimic the print. I used gesso to create a writing surface, and a black pen to journal. Finally, I faux stitched my edges, and misted the layout.

 


Once it was finished, I was a surprised at how much I liked it.  I was also surprised at how some of the art journaling I've done recently has infused into my layout.  So try approaching your scrapbooking from a different beginning point.  It doesn't matter how you change your approach, just try starting somewhere new.

0 comments:

Post a Comment