Scrapbook Sketch- Waiting


This is one of those layouts that took forever. I had this really great notion of using an aqua background, which looked amazing with the photos, but the pinks I wanted to use with the pictures looked awful with the aqua. I got 3/4 of the way done with the layout, and I ended up ripping it apart and starting on a new background.  The process took the better part of the afternoon. Luckily, it was a nice day so my girls were happily coloring every inch of our deck with chalk, so I got to enjoy my train wreck in peace. I hate it when an element isn't working on a layout when  the vision I have in my head is so clear of what I want it to be.
The end product worked well for the photos, and kept the focus on her, and I am happy about that. I felt like her little looks and poses tell a story that I didn't want to diminish with a layout. Waiting is very hard when you are three, and you can see her little daydreams on her face, which is magical.
I wanted this layout to look kind of ethereal because the pictures are of my daughter in her own little world waiting for ballet, and I wanted a day-dreamy feel.
Some of my favorite things about this layout are the embellishments.  My daughter's nickname is Budgie, and look at that cute bird brad.  How perfect for her! I also wanted it to be girly, because she loved the color pink.  She was so excited to see me working with these pictures, and she liked the heart brad.
 
If you want the sketch, I have included it, and as always, let me know if you use it!
 ~Venetia
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment